How to Change the Desktop Background in Windows 11
Are you tired of staring at the same old desktop background on your Windows 11 computer? Changing your desktop background is an easy and effective way to personalize your computer and add some excitement to your daily routine. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to change your desktop background in Windows 11.
Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system, offering many new features and improved user experience. One of the most exciting aspects of Windows 11 is the ability to personalize your computer. One way to do this is by changing your desktop background.
Your desktop background is the image that appears behind your desktop icons and any open windows. By default, Windows 11 comes with a few pre-installed backgrounds, but you can also choose your own image or set up a slideshow of multiple images.
Related: How to Change Windows 11 System Sounds
Before you can change your desktop background, you need to choose the image you want to use. You can use any image saved on your computer or select from a selection of wallpapers available online. Make sure the image you select is appropriate and high quality to avoid any distortion or pixelation.
How Do I Change My Desktop Wallpaper?
To change your desktop background in Windows 11, follow these simple steps:
- Right-click on your desktop and select “Personalize” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Background” from the left-hand menu.
- Under “Background,” you can choose to use a picture, solid colour, or slideshow.
- If you choose “Picture,” click on “Browse” to select the image you want to use as your background.
- If you choose “Solid colour,” select the colour you want to use.
- If you choose “Slideshow,” click on “Add a folder” to choose the images you want to include in the slideshow.
- Once you have made your selection, close the Settings window.
How to Change the Desktop Wallpaper With File Explorer
Changing the desktop wallpaper is one of the easiest ways to personalize your computer and make it your own. However, not everyone knows that you can change your desktop wallpaper using File Explorer. That’s the way, we will go over how to change your desktop wallpaper with File Explorer, step by step.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder that contains the image you want to use as your wallpaper.
- Right-click on the image file and select “Set as desktop background” from the context menu.
- Alternatively, select the image file and click on the “Set as” button in the ribbon at the top of the File Explorer window.
- Select “Set as desktop background” from the drop-down menu.
- Windows 11 will automatically set the selected image as your desktop wallpaper.
- To change the wallpaper to a different image, repeat the process with a different image file.
- You can also access the desktop wallpaper settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting “Personalize“.
- From there, you can choose from a range of pre-installed wallpapers or select your own image file using the “Browse” button.
How to Change Your Lock Screen Background on Windows 11
Here are the steps to change your lock screen background in Windows 11:
- Right-click the empty area of the PC Desktop or click the start menu go to “Setting” and click “Personalization”.
- Select “Lock Screen” from the list of options in the left sidebar.
- Under the “Background” section, click on the dropdown menu and select “Picture” or “Slideshow” to select a static image or a slideshow of images for your lock screen.
- If you selected “Picture“, click on “Browse” to choose an image from your computer or select one of the pre-installed images.
- If you selected “Slideshow“, click on “Add a folder” to select a folder containing images to use for the slideshow. You can also adjust the frequency of image changes and pick whether to shuffle the images.
- Once you have selected your desired lock screen background, close the Settings window.
You May Also Like: